The equipment showed up at Emerald Harbor Marine last week so I decided to go pick it up and load it on to Red Rover. If the Christmas Tree was still up, I would of thought it was the end of December! The boxes are now tucked away in the pilothouse. Brad and Scott from EHM will be here on Wednesday to start landing some of the black box items. I will also be on board to help them sift thru the demo work that has been done. Excited! The project starts moving in the other direction!
I have had several requests for the list of what will be going in. So here are the major components…
- Furuno TZTouch2 15″ MFDs, 3 each (two for PH, one for Flybridge)
- Nobeltec running on new build PC. I had two SSDs installed in a mirrored backup fashion so if one ever did go down, the second will keep going
- PC drives a 19″ main center screen for charting and a 15.6″ screen that will mainly be for cameras
- Furuno DRS6AX radar with 4′ array
- Furuno DRS12A radar with 6′ array
- Furuno SC30 Satellite Compass
- Furuno FI70 displays, 2 in PH, 1 on FB. Room for 4 more in PH
- Furuno FA50 Class B AIS
- Furuno BBDS1 sounder with depth transducer and speed/temp transducer
- Icom VHF – adding one to the existing Icom unit in PH
- Maretron WSO100 Ultrasonic Wind/Weather Station
- New VHF antennas, GPS antennas, etc
We will be keeping the two Simrad Autopilots and tie in the New Furuno gear to them.
Last week I have been working on the layout of the equipment and have gone thru several paper patterns. This has been immensely helpful as Alison and I can see where we think we want stuff to be and then adjust the layouts as how they feel once taped in place. Once we settled on a layout, I have been working on moving the equipment to their future locations, which include lengthening/adjusting the cables and runs. I should wrap this work up tomorrow.